Metal Production Plant
- Lighting poles laser welded
- Galvanized steel poles
- Steel street lamp posts tubular
- Lighting poles safe
- Aluminum lighting poles
- Lighting columns powered with renewable energy
- Steel lighting mast
- Steel and aluminium construction
- Laser cutting services
- Plasma cutting services
- Industrial coating
- Switchgears Production Plant
Lighting poles safe
GENERAL – PN-EN 12767 STANDARD
One of the latest challenges for the manufacturers of road lighting columns is compliance with the PN-EN 12767 standard on the passive safety of road structures. Elektromontaż-Rzeszów S.A. has been investigating this challenge for several years.
In practical terms, verification of product compliance with the standard and assignment of the manufactured structure to suitable categories requires crash testing. The tests aim to prove that only specially designed structures can significantly reduce the overloads generated during impact below life hazard levels.
PN-EN 12767 classifies three energy absorption ranges of support structures as follows:
- high-efficiency energy absorbing structures (HE);
- low-efficiency energy absorbing structures (LE);
- non energy absorbing structures (NE).
The passive safety of structures is defined in reference to three speed levels upon impact, i.e. 50, 70 and 100 km/h.
The end result which determines the structural safety level largely depends on two threshold parameters calculated from experimental tests
- acceleration severity index (ASI);
- theoretical head impact velocity (THIV).
Our Company has already done several dozen impact tests of our columns.We test those structures which are generally designed for lighting of high vehicular traffic areas (i.e. street lighting systems, road lighting systems, highway interchanges, etc.), specifically 10-12 m high posts. In order to satisfy the aesthetic side of customer demands, we have also developed safe octagonal and tapered posts.
Our tests have been completed with the EN12767 compliance reports for:
- type S-100/8-PS (S-110-PS, S-120-PS) octagonal posts with type F150/200-PS foundation blocks
- type S-100C-PS (S-110C-PS, S-120C-PS) tapered posts with type F150/200-PS foundation blocks
- type S-100CN-3PS, S-110CN-3PS and S-120CN-3PS laser-welded tapered posts with type F150/200-PS foundation blocks.
These posts and foundation systems are protected by the Polish Patent Office.
Lighting poles safe: